- All inquiries or requests for rulings shall be sent to the Department President, with copies to Department Headquarters and to the Department Parliamentarian. The Department President may request an opinion from the Department Parliamentarian and following the receipt of such opinion, the Department President will make her ruling.
- Current membership of at least ten (10) Senior members shall be paid by Units in addition to the Rehabilitation, Education and Girls State Quotas before Poppy orders or Girls State registration can be accepted by the Department Secretary-Treasurer at Department Headquarters.
- Units shall maintain a separate accounting of their Poppy Funds and the entire proceeds of Poppy distribution (after expenses allowed are deducted) shall be used for Rehabilitation of Veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces after April 6, 1917 the welfare of the families of veterans of the above names period; for the rehabilitation of hospitalized military service personnel returning home and awaiting discharge who require treatment in service hospitals; the welfare of veterans, active duty military personnel, and the families of veterans and active military personnel of the above names period where financial and medical need is evident.
- Units shall send to Department Headquarters twenty-five (25) percent (%) of their net proceeds no later than thirty (30) days after Poppy Day. If the Unit orders poppies for purposes other than distribution, they should state this on their Poppy proceeds report.
- Any member in good standing may run for office. While not required, candidates for elective office may be endorsed as a show of support at a regular meeting of the Unit of which they are members. All letters of endorsement for Department Officers, including District Presidents, shall be signed by the Unit President and Unit Secretary and forwarded to the Department Headquarters by certified mail, return receipt requested, giving the date of regular Unit meeting at which the endorsement was made. Each endorsement shall contain a statement signed by the candidate, indicating her willingness to serve. Said letters of endorsement to be received at Department Headquarters ten (10) days before nominations are made. Copy of this letter to be sent to Department President. See Bylaws, Article I, Section 2, and Standing Rules Item VII, Section 10A.
- Copies of such letters of endorsement for the office of District President shall be sent to the corresponding Officer in the District. Copies of such endorsements shall have been received by the District President ten (10) days before nominations are made.
- Candidates for Department Office whose endorsements have been received by the Department Secretary-Treasurer prior to Mid-Winter Conference will be announced at the Conference. An announcement by Units of Candidates for Department Officers shall not be mailed to Units and Department Officers prior to the Mid-Winter Conference.