National AEF Application
Department AEF Application
2020-2021 Auxiliary Emergency Fund Program Action Plan Updated 9/22/2021
2021-2022 AEF Unit Year End Reporting
2021-2022 AEF District Year End Reporting
www.legion-aux.org (for additional resources and descriptions)
www.legion.org (including Project Vet Relief)
Donation Can Wrap Template
www.operationhomefront.net (general financial assistance for military families)
www.211.org (referral program for local help with food, housing, and employment)
www.fema.gov (disaster assistance)
www.fns.usda.gov/snap/ (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
www.liheap.ncat.org (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program)
The AEF Committee Facebook group (search “Aux Emergency Fund”)
Your national Auxiliary Emergency Fund committee members (see AEF program page on the National website)
Excerpt from National email:
The EXPEDITED DISASTER AEF application goes straight to us here at National (unlike the regular AEF application that has to be signed off on by the unit and the department.)
Online: go to: https://www.legion-aux.org/aef-application and
- login to the Members Only Portal. Members will need to create their free log-in if they haven’t already done so.
- If following the link above to the application, once logged in, you will be directed to the AEF Committee page where you can click on a link to complete the online EXPEDITED DISASTER application or print it off.
- The printable version of the AEF disaster application is attached (and also available on the national website at https://www.legion-aux.org/aef-temporary-assistance-application
- You can print a copy of the application, fill out as much detail as possible and provide any available documentation, such as photos and copies of repair estimates.
- Expedited disaster applications do not require signatures from the member’s unit and/or department.
- After completing the application, you can submit it by:
o faxing it to 317-569-4502,
o scanning and emailing it to AEF@ALAforVeterans.org
o sending it by mail to ALA National Headquarters at 8945 N. Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46260
Should you have any questions regarding our Auxiliary Emergency Fund, contact our grant coordinator, Pam Bates, at email@example.com or 317-569-4564. She will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
This fund provides emergency assistance to a member for a limited period of time, provided she has been a member of the Auxiliary for the immediate past two consecutive years (for National’s application) and past three consecutive years (for Department’s application) and has her current year’s dues paid.
Temporary assistance for food and shelter to eligible members related to weather-related emergencies and natural disasters.
Temporary assistance for educational training for eligible members who lack the necessary skills for employment or to upgrade competitive workforce skills.