Jo Ann Maitland
National AEF Application
Department AEF Application
AEF Expedited Application
2018-2019 Auxiliary Emergency Fund Program Action Plan
2018-2019 Auxiliary Emergency Fund Reporting
Our continued thoughts and prayers are with our Legion family who were affected by Hurricane Michael. We know this is a hard time for you. Please know there is help out there. Below is information from National about their expedited AEF application.
Many of you know of someone who has been affected, and they may not have electricity or phone access at this time. Please print the application below and help them get it completed.
Excerpt from National email:
The EXPEDITED DISASTER AEF application goes straight to us here at National (unlike the regular AEF application that has to be signed off on by the unit and the department.)
- login to the Members Only Portal. Members will need to create their free log-in if they haven’t already done so.
- If following the link above to the application, once logged in, you will be directed to the AEF Committee page where you can click on a link to complete the online EXPEDITED DISASTER application or print it off.
- The printable version of the AEF disaster application is attached (and also available on the national website at https://www.alaforveterans.org/Members/Auxiliary-Emergency-Fund/.)
- You can print a copy of the application, fill out as much detail as possible and provide any available documentation, such as photos and copies of repair estimates.
- Expedited disaster applications do not require signatures from the member’s unit and/or department.
- After completing the application, you can submit it by:
o faxing it to 317-569-4502,
o scanning and emailing it to AEF@ALAforVeterans.org
o sending it by mail to ALA National Headquarters at 8945 N. Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46260
Should you have any questions regarding our Auxiliary Emergency Fund, contact our grant coordinator, Mrs. Marti Drake, at mdrake@ALAforVeterans.org or 317-569-4564. She will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
This fund provides emergency assistance to a member for a limited period of time, provided she has been a member of the Auxiliary for the immediate past two consecutive years (for National’s application) and past three consecutive years (for Department’s application) and has her current year’s dues paid.
Temporary assistance for food and shelter to eligible members related to weather-related emergencies and natural disasters.
Temporary assistance for educational training for eligible members who lack the necessary skills for employment or to upgrade competitive workforce skills.