On behalf of the Department of Florida it is with deep sadness and regret that we inform you of the passing of Kirk Miller, Past Detachment Commander for the State of Florida and Member of Squadron 275 and ALR Chapter 275. Please keep his wife Cheryl Miller, his family in Indiana and is 275 Legion Family in your thoughts and prayers. A celebration of Life will be scheduled for a future date.
Department Headquarters is now a drop off location for Hurricane Relief Supplies. Please click here for flyer with more information. We will also be collecting limited items at Fall Conference. Please click here for flyer with more information for Fall Conference collection.
Our continued thoughts and prayers are with our Legion family who were affected by Hurricane Michael. We know this is a hard time for you. Please know there is help out there. Below is information from National about their expedited AEF application.
Many of you know of someone who has been affected, and they may not have electricity or phone access at this time. Please print the application below and help them get it completed.
Excerpt from National email:
The EXPEDITED DISASTER AEF application goes straight to us here at National (unlike the regular AEF application that has to be signed off on by the unit and the department.)
- login to the Members Only Portal. Members will need to create their free log-in if they haven’t already done so.
- If following the link above to the application, once logged in, you will be directed to the AEF Committee page where you can click on a link to complete the online EXPEDITED DISASTER application or print it off.
- The printable version of the AEF disaster application is attached (and also available on the national website at https://www.alaforveterans.org/Members/Auxiliary-Emergency-Fund/.)
- You can print a copy of the application, fill out as much detail as possible and provide any available documentation, such as photos and copies of repair estimates.
- Expedited disaster applications do not require signatures from the member’s unit and/or department.
- After completing the application, you can submit it by:
o faxing it to 317-569-4502,
o scanning and emailing it to AEF@ALAforVeterans.org
o sending it by mail to ALA National Headquarters at 8945 N. Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46260
Should you have any questions regarding our Auxiliary Emergency Fund, contact our grant coordinator, Mrs. Marti Drake, at mdrake@ALAforVeterans.org or 317-569-4564. She will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Would you like to help 2018-2019 Girls State. This year Girls State is registered with Wal-Mart. Please click link below for more information.
Auxiliary Volunteering gonna set my soul
Gonna set my soul on fire
Got a whole lot of members ready to serve
So get those fundraisers started
Click here for full lyrics, or click below to listen.
This year, female veterans get their first year of membership on us! National & Department dues will be waived. Read more to view the Female Veteran Membership Recap sheet.